The National Youth Council of Malawi (NYCOM) is a non-profit making parastatal institution which supports youth organisations by providing them with certificates, trainings, and sub-grants and materials which we get from our partners. The Council receives funding from the government, however, most of the activities are implemented with support of donors and partners as in most cases funding from the government is not adequate to cover both administration and programme related costs.
Therefore, we welcome and appreciate opportunities to partner with different institutions. Any institution interested to support the operations of the National Youth Council of Malawi or any of the affiliated youth organisations through partnership, collaboration or making a one-off donation, should contact us and we will be willing and ready to cooperate.
While the National Youth Council of Malawi Secretariat needs resources for coordination and capacity building of youth organisations, most of the youth organisations need the following support:
- Finances for the implementation of activities,
- ICT equipment such as computers and printers (to support documentation and reporting of their programmes),
- Recreational materials,
- Information education and communication (IEC) materials such as posters, books, booklets, leaflets, and
- Travel supporting modalities such as bicycles.
We are also looking for technical support that can help enhance our service delivery to the youth in Malawi and to our partners.
For any individual or organization ready to support or partner with us and would like a reference from the government of Malawi or development partners, we are always willing and ready to provide you with a list of government ministries, agencies, and development partners that have previously supported us.
Below is a list of some of the government ministries, agencies, and organizations we work with or have supported our work at some point;
- Ministry of Labour, Youth, Sports and Manpower Development (MoLYSMD),
- Ministry of Health (MoH); Directorate of Reproductive Health (DRH) and HIV and AIDS Department,
- Ministry of Gender, Children, Disability and Social Welfare,
- Nation AIDS Commission (NAC),
- United Nations Populations fund (UNFPA),
- United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF),
- Palladium through Health Policy Plus (HP+),
- Southern African AIDS Trust (SAT)-Malawi,
- World University Service of Canada (WUSC)